Thursday, February 10, 2011

2011 Garden Plan

I'm already thinking about my garden plan. This is my third year at the new house so the third year for this garden. I'm really shaking things up this year!

NE-(partial shade from a tree north-east of the garden) I like to have gourds here so that they can trellis up the fence and the shade means I don't have to water as frequently. This year I'm putting my eggplant in the sunniest part of this quadrant.

SE-(tends to be wet and soggy in the corner where the south fence meets the east fence) This section has had the summer squash, zucchini and eggplant in past years but I needed to rotate so I thought the roots and leaves could go here! Plus it will force me to do a little work on this one in the way of hand-digging and amending.

NW-(sunny and bright) Last year this was my roots and leaves and it worked wonders. But gardens must rotate so the nightshades are headed here this year.

SW-(sunny with small patch of partial shade from short fence to the south) Last year the nightshades found their home here and did quite well. The summer squash and cucumbers should like it here!

Are you already thinking about your garden? You can score some awesome seeds from YourSmallKitchenGarden's Seed Giveaway 2011! Isn't that awesome?!


  1. That seems like a lot of Brussel sprouts. I'll stock up on Beano. :)

  2. I love how colourful your garden plan is. Mine is all scribbles.

  3. what a great plan--now you make me feel ready to do my own!