Thursday, January 20, 2011

SNAP Hunger Challenge-Day 5

Thursday-Day 5

Breakfast
Maple Malt-o-Meal made with water 22¢

Lunch
Leftover Mexican Style Pasta leftovers ( serving, made without chicken) 55¢
1/2 cup cottage cheese 51¢
orange 44¢

Dinner
the last of the Bean and Sweet Potato soup leftovers 51¢
2 slices Great Harvest wheat bread 52¢
2 pineapple rings 22¢

My dinner switch earlier in the week messed with my plan. I was going to make Green Pea pesto with pasta but I already had pasta at lunchtime so I didn't want two pasta meals in one day. Instead, I had the last of the bean soup. That stuff is darn tasty!

Total for the day: $2.97

Talk about frugal!

1 comment:

  1. This is a really neat challenge. It would be interesting to see the people who make decision concerning this program's funding take this challenge as seriously as you did. Kudos to you for sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete