Wednesday, January 19, 2011

SNAP Hunger Challenge-Day 4

Wednesday-Day 4
Theme Day-Tex Mex!

Life Cereal 20¢
milk 7¢

Tortilla 43¢
beans (left over from bean and sweet potato soup) 51¢
lettuce 21¢
salsa 13¢
plain yogurt 15¢
cheddar cheese 23¢
banana 16¢

I made a tostada with an admittedly expensive La Tortilla Factory high fiber tortilla, bean soup drained of the liquid portion and some toppings. Very tasty!

Mexican Style Pasta (2 servings, made without chicken) $1.10
plain yogurt 20¢
apple 33¢
frozen vegetable 53¢
celery sticks 15¢

Tonight I made the pasta dish I had planned to make last night. Another recipe from previous hunger challengers, I think some of these might stay in my normal rotation!

Total for the day: $4.40


  1. i'm wondering how you are feeling? the participant who blogged about her experience on the hunger website was miserable...are you? you seem to be eating well-rounded meals & snacks :)

  2. Kimberly, I haven't noticed any difference. It could be that since I'm vegetarian, I'm already used to a relatively low-protein diet. I am eating generally what I would eat anyway, beans and whole grains, veggies and fruits.