Wednesday, November 3, 2010

30 Days of Thanks

My Turtle Runner buddy Robin linked to Middle Name Marie's post about 30 Days of Thanks in November. I'm a couple of days behind but wanted to start anyway. So here are my first three days!

Day 1:
I am thankful that October is over. I know, I know! The days, weeks, months go by so fast that we should really celebrate each and every day. BUT October was a terrible month for me. I was sick the ENTIRE month with this cold, but as soon as the calendar flipped, the mucus started to recede. I don't even want to try and remember all the other bad things about October so I won't. It's November now!

Day 2:
I'm thankful for my heater! My parents just moved into a new house and their heater went out very early in the morning and it has been COLD here! What a disaster! I'm thankful that we had our new duct work done this spring and that it keeps my room toasty in the mornings! Helps me get out of bed and get my day started off right!

Day 3:
I have been missing our cat a lot since he passed away. I was lucky enough to hear a speaker last night at our Dog Training Club meeting about pet loss and I am thankful for all the people that understand and comfort those of us who suffer when we loose a pet. Pets are family members and nothing makes you feel worse than when someone belittles that and makes you feel stupid for grieving over "just an animal". Luckily, I haven't had many experiences like that this time around but when we lost our first guinea pig, I had a terrible boss who just could NOT understand why I was even upset and made me feel really horrible. I felt so thankful just being around all those people last night, knowing that they all had been there and that they understood and would NOT judge me for being this sad about a cat.

1 comment:

  1. I would totally not judge you. I still miss both my cat and dog I lost a while back.

    ReplyDelete