Sunday, October 10, 2010

Santa's Visit

Can you believe that I, the writer of the SwapDex, had not been in ANY of Linda's A Swap for All Seasons Swaps. That is, until now! I joined the Countdown to Christmas Matchbox Swap, had a blast making my 25 matchboxes and mailed them in. Now I can't wait to get my Advent boxes and open one each day leading up to Christmas! Linda is hosting a Swap For All Seasons Santa Clause Blog-Along Giveaway and we were all asked to post a picture of Santa on our blogs.This is me in 1984, getting a HUGE present from Santa at the Kraft company Christmas Party. This is the year started turning brown, so even though my portraits from this year show a blond little girl, in this picture I am almost brunette. I can't remember what was in the box. But I do remember those purple shoes on my feet! And I vaguely remember having to go up some stairs to get my present from Santa on some sort of stage. And I remember the story on the back cover of that issue was about a man who bred Himalayan cats. It's weird what you remember.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Jenna! Just stopping by to see your Santa. Cute photo! I was a blondie as a kid, too. Then when I turned 6 or 7 my hair started turning brunette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just dropping by to check out your Santa and to say "hi"! i love your photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first swap with Linda too, which I most likely sound thru Swapdex, so you're kind of a Santa for us swap-hunters too! LOVE your personal Santa picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenna, what a sweet picture! I really wonder what was in that box! Thanks for blogging along! SOOO glad to have you join us in the swap too! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo and memories for you. Thanks for sharing.

    I'm a first time swapper on Linda's blog too - can't wait for the matchboxes!

    Sherry from England, UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute -- thanks for sharing! I'm in this one too, and am anxiously waiting!! =)

    ReplyDelete