Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Back from vacation!

Thank you, Fairy Godmother! We have been back from vacation for a few days now. It's back to work as usual now, though we both have colds so work is a little harder than usual! Disney was wonderful!

My favorite was the Magic Kingdom, I really loved Main Street USA, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and the carousel! We had breakfast with Winnie the Pooh (and more importantly, Eeyore!), met Mary Poppins and Bert, and visited Minnie's house. I really liked the theming at Liberty Trre Tavern but the Liberty Tree Square Riverboat was WAY BORING!

Animal Kingdom was a close second, which is probably obvious by our choice of hotels: Animal Kingdom Lodge! There were zebra and giraffes and antelope right outside out room! But most of all I loved the Red River Hogs! They have the most adorable tufts of white hair on their ears!

On the safari at Animal Kingdom we got to see even more animals, elephants and lions, hippos, and rhinos, and baboons!

At Hollywood Studios I really liked the Toy Story Midway Mania ride and the Muppets 3-D show! It was fun to walk around but this park was not as great as the first two, definitely number 3 out of the 4.

Epcot really disappointed me. I thought as two adults without kids it would be the most fun! But all those countries are really just full of shops. We did enjoy the roller coaster in Norway but suffered through the Canada movie. Our dinner at the new La Hacienda de San Angel in Mexico was quite delicious! But not enough to make up for their lack of fun attractions. Soarin' was ok, but not nearly as fun as some of the other things we did.

This is just a quick post. If you'd like to hear more about our Disney trip, let me know and I'll gladly write it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment