Monday, August 2, 2010

Fair results-produce!

My blackberries won second place in a relatively large class of berries! I took this picture on their fourth day of being displayed and they are starting to show a little mold. On the day I picked up my ribbons, they were a swarm of gnats and a puddle under a mold skin! EWWW!
Isn't this garden basket gorgeous? The colors were just fantastic, I wish I had all of these veggies ready in my garden! I checked my carrots and couldn't find 5 large enough to exhibit. And my eggplants are just wee babies so far.


  1. That is a beautiful basket of produce. I feel healthier just LOOKING at it. Congratulations on all of your hard work!

  2. I wondered if you had entered anything in the fair this year - it's been a while since I checked in on you! Your produce basket looks lovely, and your little doily is the cutest ever!