Thursday, June 17, 2010

2010 Goals update

1. Complete the St. Jude’s relay and donate at least $300.

Total raised so far: $370!
I had the brilliant idea that while I was starting my own seedlings or my garden, I'd start some spares and sell them at work. I sold over $100 in seedlings! I sold Red Zebra, Nebraska Wedding, Red Fig, and Yellow Striped German tomatoes, Santa Fe, Yellow Bell, and Green Bell peppers, and Eggplants.

Plus I have participated in a couple of research studies at the university (don't move your head but keep your eye on the red X, read these nonsense words and try to remember as many as you can, that type of thing) and sold a couple of things on Etsy!

2. Keep track of all miles I run in 2010.

May mileage total=46.8 miles, 2010 total 136.33 miles

3. Donate 10 quilts/blankets to Project Linus.

No change, 8 have been completed and turned in. I have fleece for three more blankets, I will be using my new SkipStitch blade and crocheting squares together! I learned this at the February Make a Blanket Day.

4. Pay off our credit card.

DONE. But then we got a letter from the IRS saying we made a boo-boo on our taxes last year (our 2008 taxes) and so we had a to pay a little bit. AND we put DisneyWorld on the credit card. But for both of these things we won't be paying interest until September 2011 and it will be paid off by then. So new goal-pay off credit card by Sept 2011!

5. Earn the Silver Award in the President’s challenge.

DONE (4/29/2010)! I am 67% of the way to my Gold award!

6. Enter 10 or more items in the county fair.
NEARLY DONE:
Pumpkin table runner

DONE:
Pampered pooch quilt, doily (purple flowers), flannel pajama pants, plastic canvas turkey centerpiece, baby afghan with pink scalloped edge, BooBoo Kids quilt, cross stitch tree ornament, beaded cross stitch ornament, Make Life quilted table runner.

7. Try something new like tap dancing, water aerobics or herding.
I have a $50 certificate for our local Adult Education (that I won in a silent auction) that I want to use to take either a cooking class or maybe beginning sign language!

DONE:
Cartwheel, herding with Sully (April, May), water aerobics (January)

8. Grow only things I eat in the garden and eat what I grow.

Planted: tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, leek, kohlrabi, lettuce, spinach, beets, snow peas, carrots, radishes, cucumber, edamame, zucchini, yellow summer squash.

Have eaten: carrots, spinach, radishes, spinach, snow peas. I'm also making an effort to use the herbs from the herb garden more often!

9. Visit family more often and remember to send birthday cards.

In-laws visited this past weekend and making plans for father's day weekend too.

10. Add I deep cleaning task each week to my cleaning schedule.

Washed the windows! And did a really thorough tidy before family visited.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like youre doing great with your goals!

    ReplyDelete