Thursday, May 20, 2010

New News

Old News:I earned my Presidential Champions Silver Award on April 29th! I log my fitness every two weeks so I didn't find out until last week though. :)

Newer News:Mike and I walked a 5K relay, the TwinCity Twosome, this past weekend! I'm super proud of him for participating with me and for really working on being more physically active for the past few months! AND we got second place husband-wife walking team!! Unintended side effect: I walked part of the second half backwards so I could chat with Mike without taking up the whole trail (since runners were passing us) and MAN was I sore the next day!

Future News:
We booked a trip to Disney World to celebrate our 10th anniversary!! We'll be going in September so we have a few months to plan and get really excited! We'll be staying for 6 days at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I can honestly say I am MOST looking forward to spending uninterrupted time with my husband and trying out ALL of the fantastic restaurants I keep reading about! Like Jiko and Narcoossee's and Citricos! And meeting Chip 'n' Dale and Mary Poppins and Alice in Wonderland!


  1. Congratulations! That sounds like a really neat program.

    My dad went to Disneyworld for the first time a few months ago and loved it. He's been to Disneyland several times, but has long wanted to see D-world. I think he stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

  2. congrats! my husband and I are thinking about going to disney world soon too.

  3. Is that an actual metal that you get or is it just printed on the paper to look like one?

  4. It's just printed on the certificate! You CAN buy medals but that was too rich for my blood.

  5. Congrats on the award and coming in 2nd with your hubby in the 5k!! That's so awesome! It's really a great achievement, and hopefully encouragement to keep going! I love using races to set goals and stay active. That's really how I got into running a few years ago!