Friday, April 23, 2010

Weekly challenge-TV Turn-Off Week


So this week has been TV Turn-Off Week and I chose it as my weekly challenge. I CANNOT believe how hard it has been! I am usually busy with other things when I watch tv, it's on in the background. But it's become such a habit that the urge to flip it on has been hard to fight! I am allowing myself limited computer time but no tv, DVDs or satellite radio channels so I haven't been completely cut off. I enjoyed reading the newspaper on Sunday morning, eating lunch outdoors a couple of times this week, getting yardwork and housework done in the evenings before settling down to read a book or work on a craft project. It's been a QUIET house in the evenings, without the steady chatter and laugh track from the tv but that's not all bad. And of course Monday night and Wednesday night we were out at the Dog Training Club so no worrying about tv then!

4 comments:

  1. hahaha how awesome! TV is SUCH a distraction! i think it's great that you took a week off!

    best of luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me ...we can live without TV. I have a 62" HD and it's hardly on.
    I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become one as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no way I would be able to do this! I would miss my fave shows too much. So well done!
    I am currently working on my current weekly challenges, one of which is finding a new blogger to follow. You are it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was thinking about doing this for a day. i know i can't do it for a week.

    ReplyDelete