Sunday, March 28, 2010

Penguin in the Park 5K

My first 5K of 2010! And it was such a great one! It was in the mid 30's so I did my best to stay warm. I had intended to take it off but I ended up wearing my jacket over my two shirts for the race. (I get chilly really easily.) I also wore my headband. The only thing I brought and didn't end up wearing were my gloves. Here I am trying to stay warm:The course was beautiful. We'd never been to Fairview Park but we will definitely go back! There were quite a few gentle hills, which made it interesting. I made the best of them, raising my knees on the way up and lengthening out on the way down. My time was nearly a minute better than my last 5K in Ocotber! 32:39.4!!!
I was 247th out of 398 total runners/walkers. In all women, I was 114th out of 225. And in my age group, women 25-29, I was 20th out of 34. I could not be happier! Mike even got a picture of me!
And here I am after, with my finisher medal!

5 comments:

  1. I am a new follower of your blog and just have to stop in to say "WOW"! Congratulations on finishing your first 5K of 2010. I know it takes hard work and determination to get yourself in running condition. You did very well! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The race finishing picture would have been better, but you were so fast I was still on my way over to the finish line when I saw you coming through. :)

    I blame the radio station for playing too good of a song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! Congrats on the big change from the start of last year's Spring Fitness Challenge -- very inspiring.
    Shawnee

    ReplyDelete