Friday, March 12, 2010

Birthday Weekend!

Saturday is my birthday! It is raining and will keep on raining all weekend, the usual for my birthday. :) I got my big present earlier in the week, a trip to the local running shoe store for a new pair! The pair I had been running in for the past year, my Brooks Ariels, were actually a garage sale purchase. So I thought it was about time for a real fitting and "gait analysis" that they do at the store. I ended up with these, Mizuno Wave Inspire 6:
So far, I am really liking them. No blisters, no foot/knee/ankle pain, just a good slightly supportive shoe for my ever so slight pronation. The Ariels I had were actually far too much shoe for my foot but they did the job. The Mazunos feel like ballet slippers compared to them!

When it is your turn for a birthday, I heartily suggest you wear one of these:
(Please ignore my crazed birthday face!) I got birthday greeting aplenty wearing my birthday badge at work! A coworker made low-fat banana chocolate chip bread and I got even more greetings from all the visitors lured by tasty treats!

Another coworker got me this awesome book , 2-at-a-time Socks! Probably because I have had her bamboo knitting needles in a half-finished sock for well over 2 years now! Can't wait to try this method, maybe it will only take 1 year!

4 comments:

  1. New running shoes are so fun! Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy bday and thanks for the comment you left me re the running skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday, Jenna! You birthday badge is a fantastic idea! Such lovely birthday gifts--those running shoes will make for happy feet. That knitting good sounds great--adding it to my list. I knit, but I'm terrible at knitting socks so need all the help I can get there--LOL! You have a lot of fun things in you Etsy shop! Oh, and many thanks for your anniversary wishes for hubby & I--so sweet of you to stop by! :o)

    ReplyDelete