Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wish List Meme

A fun meme AND a chance to win? Sign me up!

1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
#1 Workout gear-running socks, more running skirts and maybe a hoodie or two
#2 A folding table, mine is falling apart and barely stays upright. I certainly don't put anything heavy on it!
#32x2 Weave Pole Training DVD set
#4 One of these awesome vintage glitter kits! I love the heirloom colors.
#5So, I'm not sure if I've mentioned it here before but I have a thing for socks! So I ask for (and usually get) socks every year. This year I am really digging these wool blend over-the-knees, these adorable cherry blossom knee highs, and these wide-striped knee highs.

2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
My mom gifted me with two aprons made by my great grandmother. I cherish them. One was the butterfly apron that was unfinished so I added buttons and now I can wear it whenever I want.

3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
A quilt, and this year I did it!

4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
I remember the Christmas when I got ALL the Get-Along Gang figures and their boxcar clubhouse playset! They were awesome, really big for plastic figures and they had real clothes you could put on and take off.

5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
We don't have kids but Sully would like this collar in green
6. What is your favorite holiday food?
I have the biggest sweet tooth so I LOVE cookies, especially spritz cookies, butter cookies, sugar cookie cutouts, peanut butter blossoms, soft gingerbread, and so on. I think it's safe to say I would eat just about ANY type of cookie!

7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
Well, I don't want to give away anything! But I have been whipping up a batch of those travel tissue holders in cute fabrics. And I'm also making cross stitch ornaments and pins from Mill Hill kits. I LOVE those things, the beads add such great sparkle!

8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
Elf! I already watched it once this year and will probably fit in another viewing later this month. "I just like smiling, smiling's my favorite!"

9. Favorite holiday song?
Christmas Island! I love ALL Christmas music though, I started listening to it at work (with headphones, yes!) before Halloween. :)

10. Favorite holiday pastime?
Baking. I love every part of baking, looking through magazines for new recipes, shopping for special ingredients, mixing, shaping, baking. I tend to rush the cooling so I can get to the eating faster though!

1 comment: