Monday, December 28, 2009

Holiday recap

Amidst all the cookies, decorating and presents, how was my holiday? It was overall very good but there were two big downers. Let's focus on them, shall we?

#1 I sprained my foot on December 23 (while delivering presents to neighbors) and spent the entire Wisconsin trip icing, wrapping and elevating it. It's a good thing we didn't have huge plans to go out visiting or shopping because I don't think I would have made it. We stayed in at Mike's parent's house and had a quiet little visit. My foot is still bruised and cannot yet withstand running so I'm feeling a bit like a caged animal! I've been trying to get by with strength training (mainly upper body) and hopefully my foot will be able to take a run next week.

#2 We got home on Christmas day and ordered some Chinese food instead of having to figure something out. Maybe half an hour after eating, I was puking it all back up again and shivering in my bed with what I suspect was food poisoning. Who doesn't just loathe puking? So we had to skip brunch with my parents, to be rescheduled for another time when I'm not recuperating from my stomach rejecting all contents.

What did I get for Christmas besides a bum foot and a puke-a-thon? My dear, sweet husband got me a ToughGirl running skirt (with red legs!), shelves for the basement, a folding table, a whole set of German glass glitter in lovely colors!, and over-the-knee socks that I can't wait to wear! Family got me some great new shirts in my new size-Large! Not extra large or Woman's L, but just normal misses large!

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about your foot and your food poisoning. but at least you got some great presents! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, I'm sorry you had such a rough December! I hope you mend up super quick. LOVE those Tough Girl pants/skirt. I'd never seen them before and they are CUTE!

    Are you still using SparkPeople? I've been toying but need to get serious again. I'm still an XL. =(

    Happy New Year!
    Shawnee

    ReplyDelete