Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas prep begins

I have bee pretty good so far this year about getting projects done and not letting them pile up. I wrote out a list of all the things I wanted to get done, then I scheduled blocks of time for each in my calendar throughout November and December and that really worked!
Every year, the Corgi-L listserve hosts a Corgi Secret Santa. I can show you this because my Secret Santa partner has no idea I am their Secret Santa. It's a wallhanging with a paper pieced corgi! The corgi is very slightly 3-D, not sure if you can tell.

I got my Christmas ornament blocks from a swap put together into a wall hanging for myself! You could see my Christmas socks in the picture so I had to leave them in!

The cat was rather crabby that I turned on the light in the craft room to take these pictures. He was SLEEPING in his chair, how dare I disturb him!

Of course, every year the snow village comes out! This year I stole an idea from Alicia and lit the snow base.

The tree, looking rather bare at the moment. I like the look of it without ornaments but....can I really just keep my ornaments packed up? I'd be so sad not to see all the cross stitched ornaments and the special ones for each pet that's passed away.

4 comments:

  1. Love all the Christmas craftiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool corgi wall hanging! I love the beautiful tree too! It looks great without any ornaments on it.

    ReplyDelete