Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What is it they say? A bad day at the dog show beats a good day at work? Well, I'd agree with that! But this weekend at the Lakeshore Pembroke Specialty was not exactly our grandest outing. I don't want to whine and blame the judge.....but in rally, it was the judge! I'll just leave it at that. In obedience, I take all the blame. I can't even believe the mistake I made in our otherwise qualifying score of 182. A double command on the drop on recall. If only I had waited a few more seconds! Here is Sully, pleased as punch with his two second place ribbons and tug toys for Rally Advanced B and Excellent B. But I was disappointed with our performance. And know we will do MUCH better at the show in November because the course is sure to be MUCH more well thought out than the ones we had this weekend. Yuck.

On to crafts! Where things are moving right along on schedule! The pink quilt needs to be done by December 3 and I am working very hard to get it done. Here it is all laid out sandwich-style, being pinned for quilting.And this month is reserved for Thanksgiving crafts including a plastic canvas turkey and that stupid turkey hat that I have to say is the WORST written pattern I've ever purchased and I would encourage everyone to STAY AWAY from it! The person who wrote it and sold it to me is not very helpful either so I don't have very nice things to say about the Turkey hat right now.
Start Weight: 215
Current Weight: 176
% lost overall: 18.14%

Runs recently have been 2.75 to 3.5 miles long. That 5K is coming up in less than three weeks so I'm trying to prepare. I'm not sure I've mentioned this before but my long term goal is to run in the St. Jude Children's Hospital relay from here to Peoria, IL. My goal is to raise at least $300 before the run and run at least 3 legs of the relay. The relay is in July so look forward to fund raising efforts later next year when I will be doing a major pattern and craft supply push at my Etsy store and selling things on ebay to raise the money!

2 comments:

  1. I love all of the craft things you do! I think a blogger Christmas exchange would be so much fun to do this year. I can't wait to search your craft site more!

    Your package full of giveaway winnings should arrive sometime next week! Mary from Star Barks, The Dog Treat Bakery will me emailing you a virtual $10 Gift Card for her bakery soon. :) Congrats again on winning my giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors on your corgi!Mine look like twins almost. Do you believe that corgi's are self-cleaning?

    Good luck on your upcoming races. I couldn't run a mile 3 years ago and now run marathons...so anybody can do it if you put your mind to it!

    ReplyDelete