Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Back again

Start Weight: 215
Current Weight: 180
% lost overall: 16.28%
no change

I skipped last week because I was hoping to report a change this week but no such luck. This is one LONG plateau! Makes me think I'm going to have to stop eating Halloween candy or something!

In fitness news, I have sent in my registration for my very first RUNNING 5K! It is in mid November so I have about a month to train, not that I am striving for first place, just to run the entire 5K without walking! Yesterday I upped my morning run to a little over 2.5 miles. Next week, it will be bumped up to 2.75 and so on. After the 5K there is a pancake breakfast so that will keep me motivated during the actual event, "pancakes at the end, glorious pancakes at the end!"

9 comments:

  1. Have you tried shaking things up? I know a strategy for overcoming a plateau is to something brand new. A new cardio class, a new sport, cutting out sugar, going vegetarian or vegan. Interval training is a big one. I don't run but I have some runner friends who tell me it's really difficult to loose while training for a race. Congratulations on the 5k, that is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing a 5k in mid-November too (though technically I have not signed up for it yet - better get on that)! My current goal is to finish in under 45 minutes - hopefully that goal will change into running the whole thing by the time the race rolls around.

    Sorry, I don't really have any plateau-breaking suggestions. Do you drink soda? If so, give it up. I've also been reading around the weight loss blogs about the jillian michaels 30 shred. That might jump start something - though it appears, you don't really lose much weight doing it, you just trim inches off - which I guess what really matters.

    Good luck! And as I've said before, maybe we'll cross paths during a 5k - we live relatively near each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll do so awesome!! Go girl!! 5Ks are no joke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO much for your recipes!!! :) I'm going to have to make those for my dog, Sam when I go home. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, You've won my giveaway! Email me at monsterknits at gmail dot com and I'll be able to send out your prize

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! Exciting for the 5k.

    I'd say for the plateau- sucks, but just tough it out. Maybe mix it up, exercise wise, which it sounds like with the 5k you are doing exactly that.

    "glorious" is such a great word ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I just came across your blog and want to congratulate you on your weight loss - you are doing so well! Keep it up, I am sure it will all be worth it in the end. I too am a dog lover and have a white, fluffy, spoilt little girl who I am sure would wish you the best too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog. A 5k! wooo :) Keep on running!!

    ReplyDelete