Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Weight Loss Wednesday

Start Weight: 215
Current Weight: 180
% lost overall: 16.28%
no change

No change. Again. Sunday and Monday saw me sick and eating nothing but saltines, jello, white toast and cream of rice cereal. So I am just happy to be back to normal!

Today I'm going to talk about something that may annoy those who have not made much progress yet toward their fitness goals. But to me, it is an everyday issue. My clothes do not FIT! Yes, everyone jokes about how wonderful it is, it's a great sign, that's how you know you're working hard!

But when your pants won't stay up, make you look 20 pounds heavier than you are, require safety pins AND a belt and you don't have a fortune to spend on a completely new wardrobe, it doesn't feel very great. I took a shopping trip to Old Navy a few months back (when I got a $45-off-$100 coupon) and got two new pairs of pants, a dress and a few tops. Oh, and a skirt! But that won't get you through the work week! So I am forced to wear what I have.
And this leads me to my fall project! Wardrobe Refashion! I will be making over some of the clothes I already own. I have taken the two month pledge so throughout October and November, I will be refashioning old clothes or using up my fabric stash to make new ones. Visit the blog to see my first two shirts.
And because I haven't posted a food picture in a long time, this is a lasagna I made to use up the garden veggies, peppers, zucchini and tomatoes. It was darn tasty!

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! Having your clothes too big is the best/worst problem there is. Heh. Well congratulations! I feel like I could open my own clothing store at this point with all the extra clothes I have. I have 2 gently used pairs of jean from size 16 to 6 (every single size between). They're extra long, so if anyone is tall and fits in that size category, I've got some!

    It's definitely pricey. They need something like clothing rentals for when you're only going to be that size for a few months, right? Heh. Time to put your sewing skills to the test perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are feeling better! i do know what you mean,,, so sick to death of my maternity pants.... have two pairs of jeans that fit from after the last pregnancy.. they are super long and fine with heels.. but now chasing a toddler heels are not practical. I did go to old navy and got 3 tops and a pair of pj's for baby girl for 25$ but will not help me when it gets cold! I have to be able to breast feed too... a whole basket of problems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenna! It's your swap partner :) Just stopping in to say hi! (peeking into your world). I love your Halloween outfit!!

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wardrobe refashion is certainly a worthy project.

    Very nice progress, even though you are a bit stalled.

    ReplyDelete