Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Weight Loss Wednesday

Start Weight: 215
Current Weight: 180
% lost overall: 16.28%
no change

I am sort of at a plateau/maintaining stage. I'd like to loose another 10 pounds so I'm devising a plan. I'm quite ready to post until I get it drilled down to 3 or 4 goals (daily dietary goal, weekly exercise goal, strength/flexibility training goal) so for today, I will talk about what tools I use online.

Of course you already know I LOVE SparkPeople! SparkPeople is not only great for tracking nutrition and fitness but it has GREAT articles, recipes, and really active groups (SparkTeams). You HAVE to try their FREE workout videos (especially Coach Nicole's videos)

Another great source for inspiring articles with real-life goals and ideas is Fitness Magazine. It's very fresh, and the workouts and workout playlists are awesome! I think their (FREE!) Loose 10 pounds in 30 days program may be in my future to help move along my progress. And I actually LOVE their Daily Fit Tip emails, it's not just spam like so many other mass emails.

I LOVE to cook! So I'm always on the lookout for new recipes. I have a subscription to Taste of Home Healthy Cooking, but they have many recipes are online. If you like old fashion down-home cooking a la Taste of Home but want less fat and calories, this magazine is great! I love that most of their recipes use things you have on hand. I hate magazines that expect you to make a special shopping trip every time you pick a recipe from their magazine.


  1. That plateau stage is tough.. When I got there I thought about the things I could cut out to reduce a few calories. I cut out fruit juices and switched my daily lattee for plain coffee. Once I realized I was drinking my calories the next 10 started to move. BEst of luck in your journey..

  2. Thanks for the links! I will check out the recipes!! I need all the help I can get with cooking.