Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Funk

I'm in a funk. I haven't had a good day since last Sunday, when I got my eyebrows waxed at a salon that was having a fund raiser-all proceeds from Sunday went to the Humane Society! Before:After: So nice and even now!
Since then, it has been terribly downhill. No, nothing huge. I haven't wanted to go running all week but gosh darn it I did it anyway. C25K finished! I'm not done running, I think I'll stick with 30 minutes 2-3 times each week for a while. But it's just not as fun when you have to force yourself out of bed instead of springing up excited to start the day.

I heard dripping in the closet where the heater is. The NEW duct work for the central air was dripping with condensation and the floor was soaked! So I had to call and have them come out and insulate ALL the duct work they just put in. Not terrible because it's nice to have that done and they also fixed the light in the basement that mysteriously stopped working after they were down there putting in the lines to the bedrooms.

I took my rings in to be re-sized (so they would stop flying off my finger in the shower) and I just had a bad feeling about the whole thing so I went back and got them the same day, without them being re-sized. They weren't going to done in time for the family reunion coming up this month and I didn't want to go without them!

My neighbor keeps bugging me about our barberry bush. Yes, it's huge and prickly! But I don't have the tools to deal with it or the money to pay someone else to. At least it's purple and kind of pretty. I bet it's also the world's largest Barberry hedge on earth, it would be a tragedy to prune it back!

And work, I don't even want to talk about it! A. because I don't want to get Dooced and B. Ugh, I don't want to think it about it unless I absolutely have to!

Luckily, it's a short week this week because we're going up North for the family reunion this weekend! I hope the prospect of two four-day weeks in a row cheers me up!

3 comments:

  1. It's the little things that make life interesting, isn't it--LOL! ;o) Hope you had fun and time to unwind at the family reunion during the weekend. And the brows look great! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your tough week. I hope you have a wonderful time at the reunion.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete