Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday

Start Weight: 215
Current Weight: 183
% lost overall: 14.8% (no change)

So, no change this week, no biggie. Because I have BIG news in the Couch to 5K department. Sunday was Week5Day3-20 minutes nonstop jogging! And in that time (no stopping, no walking) I did nearly 2 miles! I never in my wildest dreams thought I could do that! That is 8 (EIGHT!) laps around that stupid cinder track from grade school! Back in grade/junior high/high school, I didn't even run one lap. I ran my 20 minutes on the sidewalks of our neighborhood, listening to birds and viewing people's wonderful flower gardens. (I had been running with my MP3 player so that I could listen to the C25K podcasts but I wanted to hear the birds Sunday morning.)

July has been BUSY! 4-H, my own fair projects, dog training, gardening, and more have kept me on my toes. But I've been trying to fit in each days' activity for the Summer Glow Boot Camp. Inspired by Angela, I have been whipping up green monsters (smoothies with greens like kale or spinach added). Here is the most recent one, which had blueberries, half a banana, a handful of kale, soy milk and blueberry greek yogurt.
And also inspired by Jen, here I am fresh and sweaty from a workout. Click picture for larger picture of the glistening.

1 comment:

  1. Jenna, you are my inspiration! So glad that you're hanging in there, and now, enjoying such good results. Hang in, you're almost there!

    ReplyDelete