Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday update

Start Weight: 215
Current Weight: 183
% lost overall: 14.8%

Husband has requested a Monday Fitness Update, since I've skipped a couple of weeks! So here goes.

In July, I am participating in Oh She Glows' Summer Glow Boot Camp. She's got an awesome calendar full of great articles, assignments and exercises for each day. So far I really enjoyed writing a letter to my body, trying out new ab exercises from The Beholder, and writing three goals for July.

One of my goals is to keep up with my three day a week run training. This week starts Week 5 of Couch to 5K! My friend Sasha has been awesome about running every Thursday with me, what a superstar! Week 5 will build me up to 20 minutes of non-stop jogging. I have been doing some of my workouts outdoors and some at the gym on the treadmill. I want to be well-versed in the treadmill to be prepared when the weather gets too hot to run outside. :)

Shame on me, I haven't been taking many pictures of all the delectable garden produce I've been eating. I picked up blueberries and nectarines at the farmer's market Saturday and have been chowing down on those, along with cantaloupe from the grocery store. I picked the very first zucchini of the year and made some baked zucchini with passata and it was delicious! I ate it with some steamed tri-color carrots. I took this picture before I added the polenta that I heated up in a skillet. I made a giant batch and now I have polenta rounds all cut out and ready in the fridge for quick lunches this week. Yum!

My tip for this week is to use hot tea to curb evening cravings. The other night, I wanted a sugary treat so bad but it was after 9 pm! I typically shut down the kitchen at 8 since anything I eat after that is usually junky and I'm not really hungry, just bored. But I was a little chilly and wanted to curl up with SOMEthing so I made some hot tea (my absolute favorite, Almond Sunset) and it HIT THE SPOT!


  1. love having tea after meals - always slows me down.

  2. WOW! Good for you 32pounds is huge. I always admire people that can stick to a weight lose program. Your pictures of the food were making me hungry! Keep losing and congrats!

    BTW The puking parrot comment was hilarious!