Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mid-week fitness

I know, it's not Monday. But today I had my quarterly body assessment at the gym so I wanted to post my new stats!

Body Mass Index (BMI)
March 09: 31.3
July 09: 26.9
Down 4.4% (and I'm down from Obese Class I to Overweight!)

Body Composition
March 09: 36.7% fat
July 09: 31.4% fat
Down 5.3%

Week6Day1 of Couch to 5K. It was HARD! 20 minutes on Sunday was no problem, but Jog 5 minutes, Walk 3 minutes, Jog 8 minutes, Walk 3 minutes, Jog 5 minutes kicked my butt!

On August 1, I start a new challenge. I'll be doing the Wii EA Sports Active 30-day challenge that so many bloggers have already done! Mike bought me the game a while ago but I haven't cracked it open because I was truthfully hoping to win one in one of the many giveaways online. I didn't so I'm going to go ahead and open the one I have.

In light of my new size, I HAD to have some new jeans and maybe a shirt or two. I was kindly gifted a $50 off $100 coupon to Old Navy by Lynn and I put it to good use! Not only did I get a pair of jeans, 2 cute skirts, a black knit dress, a button down shirt, a black 3/4 sleeve top and a pair of khakis, I got all of that in size LARGE (pants size 14)!! I have NEVER been smaller then XL and I've been XXL (20-22) before. It was a fun shopping trip, I tried on MUCH more than I bought just for the fun of it!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go, Jenna! I'm working on dieting too, but I decided not to find out how much I weigh this time. I've been weighing in at the doctor every week or so with my back to the scale. I'm told I'm doing really well, but I'm just trying a different approach. I feel my clothes getting looser, so that is a good sign. It is so hard. I think about food all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME! I'm at my ideal weight but I can't run a block! In fact, a block would probably do me in. Your couch to 5k is so inspirational! I'm really looking forward to hearing about your Wii experience as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on losing all the weight and getting fit. That's an amazing accomplishment.

    It must have been such a fun time shopping.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenna, gosh I don't even know you (for real) but I'm so proud of you! You're doing awesome.

    Do you mind me asking what gym you go to to have a quarterly assessment done? I would love to have that information and I know we live relatively close. Feel free to email me!

    I love the wii active, though after my first 30 day challenge I got out of routine and having a tough time getting back at it. Definitely shouldn't have taken a week break.

    My husband is starting to run again so I'm going to start on couch to 5k. He even let me get a Nike plus for my iPod as an added motivator! Wish me luck, I have a lot of bad habits to break. But I'm using you for inspiration, thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete