Monday, July 13, 2009

Craft update

I want to thank everyone who has sent in pink scraps and fabric! I have such a great variety, I can easily make a wonderful, cheerful pink quilt for our new neighbor! thank you to Bertha, Tracy, Holly, and my mom for their gracious donations. Here are the two squares I worked up this weekend, just to see what they would look like.I also got one of my Rainbow quilts for Project Linus started. The border isn't sewn on, I just laid it out so you could get the idea. Cute! I have to give a big thank you shout out to Wanda, who after hearing that my quilt from the Rainbow Block Swap would be going to Project Linus, donated her set of blocks to me! Thank you so much, Wanda! The second rainbow quilt will be much the same but with a different white on white pattern for the sashing.And last but not least, here is the dress I made for the fair this year. I originally bought the fabric and supplies to make this to wear to a wedding last summer but then found out is was a very casual affair and wore jeans instead. :) So I just finished this from the Butterick "walk away" dress pattern. I am not in love with the way it looks, but it is sort of neat the way the underskirt shows through the very flowing overskirt. Lots of bias tape and too much hand finishing for my tastes (sewing on all the snaps/hook and eyes, whip stitching all the ends of the bias tape together).


  1. Yay, I am glad you could use the scraps! The 2 blocks look great so far!

  2. So glad you were happy with the pink fabrics I sent and that they were good for your quilt projects--fun to see the pink in progress! The rainbow quilt is lovely--so sweet. And LOVE, love your dress--that soft pink & brown is so stylish--It looks terrific on you! :o) Happy Days!

  3. Be sure to display your blue ribbons from the fair!!!