Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Giving Challenge and a plea

I am in my third week of the 29 Day Giving Challenge. I am blogging my daily gifts over there, check it out if you like. So far, I only flubbed on one day. Since then, I have been trying to plan my giving at least a day in advance so I don't forget. :) This stuffed bunny was one day's gift, left at the Post Office with a Toy Society tag so that the recipient would know it was alright to take home.

It has been really fun, finding little ways to give each day. But later this year, I have a larger give planned! As I mentioned last time, a Habitat for Humanity house is being built in our neighborhood! We also have new neighbors to the south and the house across the street now says sale pending so we will have lots of new faces to meet at that ice cream party! But back to my plan! The family moving into the HFH house is a single mom and her 9 year old daughter. I have been given the ok to make a quilt for the daughter, who has requested an all PINK room! So I am making an all PINK quilt. Here is where I need your help!

Do you have scraps or little dabs of pink fabric? I am making a strip quilt so I need a good variety of pinks to make it look awesome! I would greatly appreciate ANY pink fabric you could spare. Any left over fabric will be used to make another all PINK quilt for Project Linus! Just comment or email me if you're feeling generous with your pink stash and I will be forever grateful!

9 comments:

  1. I'm sure I've got some pink scraps I can send you! Email me your addy and I'll try to get 'em out this week!

    berthacrowley at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto - send me your mailing address again, and I'll send you a few scraps of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love Corgis! My husband wants us to get one, but we have one mixed breed rescue, and an Australian Sheperd rescue... which I think is plenty for now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jenna! Happy to lend a hand with pink fabrics! :o) Email me your address and I'll get some your way. Oh, what size strips or remnants would you like--any preference. So wonderful this quilt you're doing! I've not been by in a while--great to see all you've been up to--lots as always! Happy Days :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so behind with my blog reading that I missed Sully's birthday. I enjoyed reading how you guys got him and I love that pretty quilt you made for yourself. And, congrats to you on your weight loss!! Have your toys been getting picked up? I'll have to check the Toy Society blog to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How generous of you! I know all the recipients of your gifts are so surprised when they get them.
    (BPOTW)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your giving every day idea! Maybe I will give it a try!

    <3 Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW about winning the Edy's. I read about that, but I never enter things like that because I figure I won't win. So cool to hear someone did win!

    ReplyDelete