Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sully's 6th birthday

In honor of Sully's 6th birthday (which was actually earlier this month), we had a tea party! We invited Sully's two favorite little girls (twin daughters of a friend who simply worship sweet Sully) and had a Princess Manners gala tea party event! Here are Sully and I setting the tableThe tea party was outdoors, and while I would have liked to have it in the courtyard, we are having the drainage pipe under the bricked patio fixed so it looks like this at the momentSo our party was out under the trees, on a rug to make it more like a formal space. We had tons of finger sandwiches, little cheese on toasts and cream puffs with jam. My wonderful little guests and their mom brought us marzipan fruits and cinnamon bears to add to the spread. And Sully got a new toy! We had my favorite childhood tea, Almond Sunset (which I rediscovered at the Tea Factory!) and lemonade to quench our thirst. And we played a game and did a craft. Sully got fed MANY peanut butter treats and even got to eat a Better Than Ears.

Then tonight we went out tracking at the University's arboretum. We did one straight, one longer one with one turn and two two-turn tracks (one a zigzag and one a U-shape). Here's the view from behind the Corgi

I got a tiny bit of sewing done as well. The first quilt top is a scrappy string quilt for Project Linus, which I've probably shown blocks of before, but now the top is almost done! Just needs a small border around the edge.And this one is a quilt all for my very own! I am making it with Pampered Pooch fabrics, it will get several more borders to make it a nice big snuggly quilt. And I am keeping it all for me, my very first quilt I have made to keep!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Sully! Looks like you had a fun time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Sully looks very happy, in fact. Gorgeous sewing projects, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to see you've been able to use the happy birthday banner you won from my blog last year!

    Sounds like a wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilts, and Happy BD to Sully!!! Looks like a great little party for your partner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those quilts are amazing, Jenna! And I'm very proud of you for sticking to your weight loss program... it's really paying off, and you look great!


    PS Thanks for watching the cats while we were away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenna!

    The scavenger hunt is ready to go!

    To help scavenger hunters locate the participating blogs, we've designed a special badge for you to post in a prominent place on your site through the duration of the hunt. The goal is once they see the badge, they'll spend some time looking through your posts to find the answer.

    You can get your badge at this blog post:
    http://adventuresofpamandfrank.blogspot.com/2008/06/scavenger-hunt-badges.html

    The scavenger hunt starts at 12:01am PST on Tuesday July 14, 2009 and runs until 11:59pm PST on Saturday July 18, 2009.

    Thanks!
    -Pam

    PS: You can delete this comment when you're done...

    ReplyDelete