Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Weigh-In

Start Weight: 215
Current Weight: 194
% lost overall: 9.767%

That's right, I am officially under 200! It happened like a bolt of lightening last week, after adding strength training and my first day of BootCamp class at the gym (running, running and more running). As much as I hate squats, working the larger muscles of the lower body burns a TON of calories! So, squats it is! And lunges.

Now, I've never really watched the Biggest Loser show but I did catch the finale the other week. I picked up the book The Biggest Loser Fitness Program at the library and it inspired me to add more weight training. This week, I also skimmed The Biggest Loser 30-Day Jump Start book and found some great recipes, especially for breakfast! I tend to have a bowl of cereal every day, which is fairly low cal when you have one serving but it's also kind of boring. So this weekend I made creamy banana oatmeal and a whole wheat english muffin breakfast sandwich.

4 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good work (and pass along those recipes, yum).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your official starting weight was 218, don't sell yourself short! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Way to go! I finally hit under 190 at the beginning of this week, but had a vacation that came up...luckily I didn't gain, but I didn't go lower either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congratulations! :D Even breakfast sounds good, the way you make it...

    Warmly,
    Christiane

    ReplyDelete