Monday, April 6, 2009

Weigh-in day!

Stats
start weight: 215
current weight: 210
% lost: 2.38%

Visit my SparkPage. There you can see my food diary and fitness record (link on the right hand side).

My only big flub was picking Ruby Tuesday as our date night on Friday. I knew the veggie burger would be a lot of calories so I ate sparingly for breakfast and lunch. I still stayed within range (1700-2000 calories) but my calorie total was a bit higher than the rest of my days from last week. And after that little foray into dining out, I found what I had been searching for! Healthy Dining Finder not only tells you restaurants in your area with healthy choices, it tells you what your choices are AND any special requests needed to make it healthier (hold the cheese, have an apple instead of a roll, etc.). Awesome! Many thanks to my friend Jay who turned me on to the Hungry Girl website because that's where I found this.

And now, for the food pics!
Lean Cuisine Gourmet Mushroom pizza (excellent! I would definitely buy again on sale with a coupon!), multigrain tortilla chips, salsa, celery with 2 Tbsp peanut butter, fresh pineapple
"Tater skins" a split baked potao scooped to make a canoe shape, salsa, cheddar cheese, yogurt (my everyday stand-in for sour cream) and chives, baby carrots, a pink orange and my dessert/snack is a piece of flax-oat bread with mom's rhubarb jam
"Brinner"=Breakfast for dinner! FiberOne pancakes, cinnamon applesauce and a box of raisins (I like to spread the applesauce on instead of syrup and them sprinkle with raisins.) My snack for later was a serving of pretzel sticks.
vegetarian Qorn nuggets, ketchup, bean and yellow carrot mix, and whole wheat Ritz crackers (which aren't that good for you I found out after I bought them but they do taste good!).
A lunch splurge (money-wise, not calorie-wise) from the health food store: Vegan pad thai, purple and green salad with tofu, whole wheat pita chips and fresh pineapple.
My small lunch for Friday since my dinner would be extra-heavy. Green and yellow string beans, a piece of flax-oat bread with 1 Tbsp peanut butter and green grapes.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's fantastic and really impressive!

    This would be difficult to do in a restaurant but at home I use just the top of a bun and slice it into two pieces. If you toast it, it holds together really well. That's the only way I can manage to eat an entire veggie burger by myself. If you're eating whole wheat buns it saves you over 100 calories too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weigh cool! Really like the tips for eating out, that is my undoing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have entered your name in my giveaway.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so great to find another person in on the challenge! Way to go this week, that's awesome!

    I will be checking back with you as well!! :)

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing so HOT! Over 2% is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Congratulations! I weigh in on Mondays and I was up 1 lb. this week (darn that Easter ham, potato salad and desserts!) I started at the beginning of February and am down almost 18 lbs. Have you ever visited Joanne at My little cottage in the making? She does weight related posts almost every Wednesdy and they're so inspirational! Keep up the good work!... Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

    ReplyDelete